Department of Art
The Department has one graduate programme in art education and five Master’s degree programmes: Fine Arts; Environmental Art; ePedagogy Design - Visual Knowledge Building; Curating, Managing and Mediating Art (CuMMA); and Art Education for Professionals.
The Department also houses the Centre for General Studies (YoYo), which is responsible for the School’s common art and theory as well as linguistic and communication studies, and provides research and teaching in university pedagogy.
Programme leading to a BA degree in Art and Design
- Degree Programme in Art Education (180 ECTS)
Programmes leading to an MA degree in Art and Design
- Degree Programme in Art Education (120 ECTS)
- Art Education MA Programme for Professionals (180 ECTS)
- Master’s Degree Programme in Fine Arts (120 ECTS)
- Master’s Degree Programme in Curating, Mediating and Managing Art (120 ECTS)
- Master’s Degree Programme in Environmental Art (120 ECTS)
- Master’s Degree Programme in ePedagogy Design – Visual Knowledge Building (120 ECTS)
The Centre for General Studies (YoYo) is located at the Department of Art. The centre produces general compulsory basic studies and general optional studies common to all departments in the School of Art and Design. General studies include art and theoretical studies and language and communication studies.
- Minor Subject in Cartoon Expression (25-30 ECTS)
- Minor Subject in Art Theory (15 ECTS)
- Minor Subject in Contemporary Art (25 ECTS)
- Minor Subject in Environmental Art (25 ECTS)
- Non-degree Studies in Art as a Teaching Subject (60 ECTS)
- Become an Aalto University student (studies.aalto.fi)